Monday, January 20, 2014

On a Budget.

Those that know me, know my love for fashion. When I was 16 I found a job a boutique thanks to the help of my mothers friend. I loved working and making money only issue was I use to spend most of my check at the store. The 20% off was still not enough to help me out . Lucky for me at the times I didn't have any bills to pay. I use to spend my money on the latest fashion mainly for the name brand. Growing up in the South Bronx "name brands" meant something . Now that I am older I look back and think to myself WTF were you thinking giving up $600 for a leather motorcycle jacket!?!? That you got no use out of. Over 200 pairs of sneakers that are just sitting there now collecting dust.
Now that I am older I learned to spend money more wisely when it comes to clothes. I now only
invest in name brand pieces I know I will get good use out of. Like a pair of good boots or nice coat.
 I also look for sales and coupons.
Thank God for stores like H&M, Zaras, Old Navy, Gap etc where I can find fashionable pieces at decent prices. Also cant forget the local boutiques that sell items for cheap. .
Macys is another huge department store that may seem expensive but you can find great deals if you look hard enough
 
Here are a few tips on how I save money.

1. RetailMeNot - If you have a smart phone download this app! It has coupons for all sorts of stores. Not only in store coupons but also Online.

2.Ebates-Gives you cash back for your online purchases.

3. Right now all stores have Email sign up. If you don't want you regular email to get flooded with spam mail.  Make a separate email just for that. Gmail Yahoo AOL you choose.  They a ways send emails when sales are going on, new products are being released and most important COUPONS!!

4.Reward Cards- Most store have these also especially Drug stores and Super Markets. You get special discounts and after spending a certain amount of money in certain places you get "bonus" discounts.

5.Ebay/Amazon always has great deals. Just have to be careful if you are looking for name brand items and you want the legit item is not counterfit.
.
6.Apps- So many apps can help you save money. Retail me not is one of my favorites like I mentioned earlier, Target Cartwheel , The Coupons App, Groupon, GeoQpons, SnipSnap,Ibotta and many more. Also download apps from stores that you visit on a regular basis. Macys Sephora Ulta etc. They usually promote sales and some offer a barcode for your stores rewards card.

7.Sales! Do your research. Know when Items go on sale. All stores have a system.
Become friendly with employees at stores if you are there often. They will usually let you know when things go on sale and give you discounts if they are allowed to.

8. Gift Cards at discount prices. There are a few websites where you can sell and buy gift cards at a certain percentage.

9. Be social on your social networks. Follow lots of different people, comment , repost. There are a lot of savvy shoppers out there. Get to know them. It doesn't matter where they are from. You can learn something new from everyone.

These are just a few ideas of things you may do to help you save some cash. I will be updating this in the future so stay tuned.

Comment any Ideas you would like me to add to the list. I know everyone has a trick or 2 up their sleeve that they may share.


No comments:

Post a Comment