Monday, December 23, 2013

Plus size Barbie.. Yay or Nay?


Their has been a lot of talk in the media and social networks about a Plus Size Barbie that may be released.
By looks of the doll I don't think the body is bad but the face is another story. Their is a lot of plus size people/models that have that body type but not the double chin. Reality is obesity is a major problem in the USA. Including myself being one of those people. It great to make sure your child is confident in their looks, but do you guys think this Barbie is a bad example or it is something you look forward buying your child?
My opinion is torn.. I like that the Barbie displays a different body type,  growing up as a over weight child sometimes was the butt of jokes but the strong character I had never let it get to me. On the other it makes me think that it is saying it is OK for you to be over weight. Being over weight does lead to health issues in the future. Which it is easy to prevent with a healthy lifestyle.

My questions to the parents, especially if your child is over weight. Would you buy this doll for your child? What do you think of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment